Famous video game and software developer, Epic Games, rolled out its Marvel update for Fortnite’s Season 4 for almost three weeks now, and fans worldwide are stoked to play as their favorite superhero from the famous comic book company. Various characters were made available on August 27’s update that continues its addition of names and special appearances.
The popular online video game and battle royale, Fortnite, continues to flood the gaming industry with its increased gameplay due to the Marvel update, letting players embody their avatar as favorite characters on the comics, TV series, and even films.
(Photo : Epic Games)
Several locations in Fortnite’s map is tweaked to emulate comic book places such as Stark Industries’ factory, Wakanda’s Black Panther statue that now honors the late Chadwick Boseman, She Hulk’s laboratory, and more. Not only do fans get to be their favorite Marvel characters, but they also use their unique abilities that completes the ‘feel’ of becoming a comic-book hero or villain.
Fortnite offers its players a chance to play as Thor, Iron Man, Wolverine, She-Hulk, Groot and Rocket Racoon, Mystique, Storm, and Doctor Doom, in the Marvel update. The heroes and villains join forces to defeat the big baddie, Galactus, also known as the Devourer of Worlds.
Fortnite’s Battle Pass
Fortnite’s premium content, the ‘Battle Pass,’ gives the player exclusive content to access and play. Apart from its exclusive content that spans over the entire game, the Battle Pass is crucial to acquiring specific characters and challenges to fully unlock its skin and abilities.
According to Sporting News, Fortnite’s Battle Pass costs roughly around $25 that translates to 2,800 V-Bucks, the in-game currency. A second option costs $10 and gives 950 V-Bucks. Players can gain more V-Bucks upon unlocking the game’s Battle Pass and earn as much as 1,500.
The Battle Pass purchase immediately grants players the eight playable characters to go around and wreak havoc against others. However, these characters need hard work and serious game time for unlocks at a specific tier.
Marvel Character’s Tier
Fortnite requires extensive game hours to work one’s way up the Tiers to experience each unique Marvel hero or villain. In Wolverine’s case, players are set to a series of adventures and missions to unlock the notorious X-Man in his classic yellow and blue suit.
Fortnite’s Marvel Abilities and Mythical Weapons
- Tier 1: Thor – The very first character is the God of Thunder, who went to Fortnite and enlisted the Marvel Universe’s help against Galactus. Thor will wield Mjolnir, his hammer, and cast special lightning abilities against enemies with a 9-second cooldown on his skystrike.
- Tier 22: She-Hulk – Players will get Jennifer Walters first, then is asked to undergo series of tasks to unlock her alter-ego, She-Hulk.
- Tier 38: Groot – Groot will be available to play, and one of his abilities, the Bramble Shield, is an in-game loot. Head on to the Quinjet Location and shoot the drones until you find a coin that gives the exclusive ability.
- Tier 53: Storm – Much like its comic-book abilities, X-Man Storm can manipulate the weather and shoot different skills. Fortnite’s Storm can produce tornadoes with a cooldown of 15 seconds.
- Tier 67: Doctor Doom – The Fantastic Four villain gets three of the four character-appropriate mythic items, Silver Surfer’s board, Mystical Bomb, and Arcane Gauntlets. Two of these items, the bomb, and the gauntlets, can be acquired in Doom’s Domain after defeating the villain. While the Surfer’s board can be found in the Quinjet location after shooting drones and finding a coin. This item is the rarest of all the mythic loots.
- Tier 80: Mystique – The X-Men villain’s ability to shapeshift comes to Fortnite immediately after eliminating a battle royale player.
- Tier 93: Iron Man – The billionaire, Tony Stark, will come at Tier 93, but his Iron Man suit comes later at Tier 100. Iron Man can release his unique ability, Repulsor Rays, with a 15-second cooldown and massive 20,000 range.
- Special: Wolverine – X-Men favorite, Wolverine, will have to be acquired through a series of challenges set out by the game. Wolverine’s adamantium claws are available to hack your way out of enemies and even as a pickaxe tool.
This article is owned by Tech Times
Written by Isaiah Alonzo
ⓒ 2018 TECHTIMES.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.